The PDF’s below list the Michigan deaths identified in the annual Transactions (up to 1936) and Proceedings (1937 and after) of the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of the State of Michigan. Within each volume documenting the annual gathering of the Grand Lodge, an “In Memoriam” section identifies all of the known members of the Michigan masonic community that died in the previous calendar year.
These files offer a straight alphabetical index where researchers will find the decedent’s name, death date, lodge name, number, and location in Michigan – all important clues for finding obituaries, death records, and much more.
- Deaths Reported, 1930-1939 (A-B)
- Deaths Reported, 1930-1939 (C-D)
- Deaths Reported, 1930-1939 (E-G)
- Deaths Reported, 1930-1939 (H-K)
- Deaths Reported, 1930-1939 (L-M)
- Deaths Reported, 1930-1939 (N-R)
- Deaths Reported, 1930-1939 (S)
- Deaths Reported, 1930-1939 (T-Z)
To date, this site contains more than 20,500 extractions from the 1930-1939 volumes, which largely contain 1929-1938 deaths. Names and dates appear as they are shown in the volumes, and the spaces with “Van” or “Van De” surnames have been removed for consistency’s sake. Additional volumes and years will be added regularly as they are input.
WOW! I did not know this list existed. I have a LOT of Michigan ancestors who were Masons.